The Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) can help you:
- Understand Medicare and Medicaid
- Compare or enroll in Medicare health plans and prescription drug coverage
- Review Medicare Supplemental Plans
- Apply for the Extra Help program, which assists with the cost of Medicare Part D
- Apply for a Medicare Savings Program, which pays your Medicare premium
- Review Medicare summary notices
- Identify and report Medicare and Medicaid fraud, abuse, and scams via the Senior Medicare Patrol
The Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP) is a free service that educates, counsels, and empowers Michigan’s older adults, individuals living with disabilities, and those who serve them so they can make informed health benefit decisions. MMAP volunteers are highly trained and certified in Medicare and Medicaid health, benefits, and fraud counseling. Counselors are unbiased and are not connected with any insurance company or licensed to sell insurance.
Call our toll-free number at (800) 803-7174 for more information.
MMAP is funded by grants from the Michigan Aging Adult Service Agency, the Administration for Community Living and the Centers for Medicare, Medicaid Services, and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).