Welcome to The Senior Alliance
The Senior Alliance connects older adults and their caregivers in southern and western Wayne County, Michigan with resources, services, and programs. We assist older adults and their loved ones, social workers, nurses, and others access a wide range of programs including Meals on Wheels, transportation, adult day care, in-home care, and much more. If you’re seeking services for an older adult or adult with a disability, contact us.
The Senior Alliance is a non-profit organization serving as an Area Agency on Aging, administering services funded by the Older Americans Act and the Older Michiganians Act. The Senior Alliance also functions as an agent of the MI Choice Waiver Program, arranging Medicaid-covered long-term residential care services for qualified older adults and individuals living with disabilities.
All persons age 60 and older who reside in our region are entitled to receive services funded by the Older Americans Act and Older Michiganians Act, regardless of their financial or social status. For some programs and services, The Senior Alliance will give preference to older adults who are considered to be in the greatest economic or social need. Services provided through the MI Choice Waiver Program are restricted to persons who meet qualification requirements.
The Senior Alliance also engages in advocacy work, representing the voice of our region’s aging community in Lansing and Washington, DC.
MI Choice Medicaid Waiver
Older adults and adults living with a disability in Wayne County deserve to live life on their terms. The MI Choice Waiver Program can support you with medical and day-to-day care in your home. Call The Senior Alliance at (800) 815-1112 or submit the online waiver referral form to see if you qualify.
If you live in Wayne County outside of our service area, visit The Detroit Area on Aging, which serves residents of Detroit, the five Grosse Pointes, Hamtramck, Harper Woods, and Highland Park.
MI Choice Waiver is a home and community-based program for eligible adults that meet program criteria to receive services and remain in a home or residential setting.Learn More
Meals on Wheels programs operate in virtually every community in America through a network of more than 5,000 independently run local programs.Learn More
The TSA Service Network includes in-home and community-based programs and services offered directly by agency staff and service providers who are contracted by TSA.Learn More
Meals Beyond Measure.
- Advisory Council Agenda for October 19, 2020
- Board of Directors Meeting Agenda for October 22, 2020
- Regulatory Compliance Committee Agenda for October 26, 2020
- Finance Committee Agenda for October 22, 2020
- Advisory Council Agenda for December 14, 2020
- Regulatory Compliance Committee Agenda for January 25, 2021
- Executive Committee Meeting Agenda for January 28, 2021
- Advisory Council Agenda for February 8, 2021
- Board of Directors Agenda for February 25, 2021
- Program Committee Meeting Agenda for February 25, 2021
- Finance Committee Meeting Agenda for February 25, 2021
- Advisory Council Agenda for March 8, 2021
- Finance Committee Agenda for March 25, 2021
- Program Committee Agenda for March 25, 2021
- Board of Directors Meeting Agenda for March 25, 2021
- Finance Committee Agenda for April 22, 2021
- Program Committee Agenda for April 22, 2021
- Board of Directors Meeting Agenda for April 22, 2021
- 2022 Annual Implementation Plan Public Hearing Notice