EMERGENCY FOOD DISTRIBUTION FOR SENIORS
WHEN: Thursday, April 23, May 7 and May 21, 2020 (10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
WHERE: The Senior Alliance, 5454 Venoy Rd, Wayne, MI 48184
Eligible recipients are:
• Individuals aged 60 and older residing in The Senior Alliance’s Planning & Service Area*, encompassing downriver and western Wayne County municipalities.
• Spouses of adults age 60 and older.
• Adults living with a disability residing with an individual age 60 and older.
• Individuals currently enrolled in the MI Choice Medicaid Waiver Program.
All traffic will enter the parking lot via Venoy Rd and follow the signs to enter the line. Food boxes are limited and will be on a first come, first served basis. Please do not arrive before 9:30 a.m.
The Senior Alliance will be implementing the following guidelines in compliance with social distancing guidelines:
• Stay alert and follow the guidance of The Senior Alliance staff, volunteers and police as they direct cars through the distribution area.
• All individuals must remain in their vehicle.
• After pulling into the distribution area, put your vehicle in park and unlock your trunk for food to be loaded. Please stay in your vehicle! Volunteers will not load food into vehicles until in park.
• If your trunk does not open or there is not space, you will be directed to drive forward to a table to load the food box yourself. Volunteers cannot place food into the passenger area of the vehicle.
• Attendees will be required to provide the name, address, age and authorize a signature by proxy for each individual receiving a food box.
• Vehicles must leave the parking lot immediately after receiving the food box.
The number to call for questions is 734-727-2011 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Senior Alliance Planning and Service Area includes the communities of: Allen Park, Belleville, Brownstown Township, Canton, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Ecorse, Flat Rock, Garden City, Gibralter, Grosse Ile, Huron Township, Inkster, Lincoln Park, Livonia, Melvindale, Northville, Northville Township, Plymouth, Plymouth Township, Redford, River Rouge, Riverview, Rockwood, Romulus, Southgate, Sumpter Township, Taylor, Trenton, Van Burn Township, Wayne, Westland, Woodhaven, and Wyandotte